Firstly, we'd like to Congratulate you on your order and make the delivery process as simple and efficient as possible for you.
BEAN BAG COVERS + BEAN BAG BEADS (In Funnelweb System)
Ambient Lounge products are all delivered via UPS on a twice weekly basis. Once despatched, you will receive an email with a tracking number so you can follow the progress of your goods. Once goods are sent on our system they are the property of the purchaser.
Please note that you will receive the Bean Bag beans and the bean bag cover together, they come with the patented Funnelweb system that allows you to fill your bean bag to your own personal comfort levels. For any questions about the filling please do not hesitate to contact us or consult our filling page. You will receive enough bean bag beads to fill you bean bag and often have a little bit left over for top ups.
UPS will arrange a suitable delivery time slot, as the product must be signed for on delivery.
Should you need to contact us about your order, please use the email address email@example.com and quote your order number or give us a call.
There are a few key points to understand:
1. If you are ordering a product from another country, you may be responsible to pay Customs Import Duty in order to receive your item. This is your responsibility and not that of Ambient Lounge UK.
2. If you purchase multiple items you will be responsible for the combined costs of Shipping. With bean bag beads and covers, your products will arrive separately.
3. For beads you should ensure that you will be available at your specified delivery address at the time and date of the estimated shipping arrival. This could be a home address, or a work address for example. Our courier will contact you to arrange a time. If you are not available to receive the item, the courier will normally try to deliver your item the following day. However, you could be liable for a returned item fee, as well as the additional cost to redeliver your item. For covers, they are conveniently mailed to your address via UPS with trackable service.
4. If you have special delivery requirements, or would like to add a note for the Courier (for example "the bell doesn't work"), you can do this during the checkout process.
5. For urgent deliveries or special help, please call us and we'll be happy to try and assist your needs. Additional costs for 24-48 hour service may apply
6. If you're thinking of returning an item, please read our returns policy and contact us so that we may provide you with the correct returns address for your item.
Bean Bag Care
Bean bags are normally much easier to care for and clean than traditional Sofas because of the removability of the covers and the fact that the fabrics can normally be hand or machine washed. A Sofa cover is almost always impossible to remove to clean, therefore spot cleaning is required. This is not the case with a bean bag. Some old style bean bags (blobs) that do not have any shapes contain an inner liner. However, whilst easy to remove, this is quite restrictive inside the bean bag and not comfortable for the user simply because the bean bag beads cannot go to every corner of the bean bag. For Sofa shapes and other more modern designs like sofas or chairs, it’s very difficult to have this inner liner design for that very reason. The invention of the patented Funnelweb® Bean Bag system has allowed for this functional problem to be overcome. Invented by Ambient Lounge, the Funnelweb® is a zip system that allows for quick and easy decanting of beads. You can see how the revolutionary Funnelweb® bean bag system works here. A Bean bag cover should be removed if in materials such as Cotton fabrics, Sofa Chenile, Heavy Polyester fabrics, Canvas Fabrics, Cotton Canvas, Denim Fabrics, Herringbone and can normally be cold machine washed or gently hand washed. You may remove the beans either by decanting or via an inner liner and wash cover separately. If the bean bag is made from Vinyl, Leather or Faux Leather, you should not remove but simply wipe clean with a damp sponge or lightly scrub. Taking care of your bean bag chair not only keeps it looking new, but also extends the life of your chair. Use warm water and a mild detergent on a cloth to remove general dirty areas of the bean bag chair. Liquid dish soap or a surface spray cleaner is an example of a mild detergent. Do not use abrasive cleaners because they may scratch the fabric. Some household cleaners and solvents remove plasticizers, which may cause the vinyl to become brittle. Use a (soft bristle) toothbrush for stubborn marks. Use a clean cloth to wipe the fabric dry. Never immerse the bean bag chair in water. Cleaning Nylon Bean Bags that includes: Indoor / Outdoor bean bag popular brands such as Outdura, Elements or Sunbrella Nylon requires a similar process. For these outdoor fabric use a soft bristle brush and water with a mild detergent to remove general dirty areas of the chair. Apply to the area and brush with a circular motion and wipe clean with a dry cloth. If such mild detergents are not potent enough for stubborn marks, try using specialty cleaners made for cleaning vehicle fabrics. Convertible top cleaner will clean nylon and can be found at automotive care stores. Do not immerse in water. There may also be some beanbags made in fabrics like Microsuede, Microfibre, Faux Suede & Passion Suede. Do not dry clean this fabric unless the care label states that you can do it. You may remove the cover but it’s better and safer to use water and a mild detergent on a cloth to remove general dirty areas of the chair. Liquid dish soap is an example of a mild detergent. A spot fabric cleaner can also be used. Gently scrub area and wipe clean with a dry cloth. Again, do not immerse in water. For bean bags such as the Ambient Lounge® Roma Sofa with an easily removable cover, the covers are machine washable on a very gentle setting in cold water.
Other helpful hints on how to take care of your bean bag furniture:
1. Keep them on a smooth surface such as floorboards and carpet. Do not place bean bags on rough surfaces such as concrete.
2. Keep your dogs and cats away from them (though many of your pets may love the comfort of the beads). Some animals may puncture lesser quality bean bag fabrics. It’s advisable to give your pet its own bean bag bed.
3. Whilst many high quality bean bags have strong stitching, the cheaper ones will not. Therefore do not jump on bean bag chairs as the seams can burst.
4. Try to avoid sitting in the chair while wearing clothing/accessories with sharp metal edges. Again with lesser quality fabrics they can catch, split and burst.
5. Buy bean bags with safety locking zips only. Beads are very dangerous if eaten and safety zips serve to keep them safe for small children or your younger kids. It is law in Australia and USA to sell bean bags only with Safety locking zips.
Bean Bag Safety
At Ambient Lounge we take safety very seriously. Our bean bags and materials are tested to comply with strict safety codes of UK and International standards.
We're strongly aware that bean bag beads can be dangerous for small children, so take all precautions to make this product safe for children and pets alike.
Please take some time to read about bean bag safety below:
What is a Safety Locking Zip?
A safety zip is a zip that cannot be easily opened by small children. Because small kids have been harmed before, UK have passed a law that this is the standard required to keep little kids from opening and eating the beads.
Ambient Lounge ® bean bags have highest quality YKK safety locking zips as standard, in the interests of guarding against small children accessing the internal polystyrene bead filling. The Funnelweb system allows filling without spilling - and the gusset inside the bean bag should be zipped closed as a secondary precaution, making Ambient Lounge bean bags possibly the World's Safest.
Accessing the Ambient Lounge ® Safety Zip
Please use a safety pin or the provided paper clip to open the zipper slider, by inserting under zip lock and lifting. Once lock catch is off, simply slide zip to open or close. For the safety of children, please ensure the clip is removed once closing the bean bag.
SMALL LIGHTWEIGHT BEADS PRESENT A SEVERE DANGER TO CHILDREN IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. THIS MAY RESULT IN CHOKING OR CAUSE AN AIRWAY OBSTRUCTION.
As a valued customer we would like you to feel comfortable and confident in your purchase. We are sure you will agree that our bean bags are the World's best, but in case there is any problems with your order, we offer a 7 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
If within 7 days of receipt you are not satisfied with your order, you are entitled to an identical replacement (if in stock) or a refund of the cost of the goods (excluding all delivery costs) providing the goods have not been used. Goods purchased on our website can be returned for a full refund under our refund policy provided that you have first contacted us within 7 days of the purchase and the goods are then returned in a condition deemed suitable by us for resale. Please note that we cannot refund any cost for postage that you may have paid, unless we have sent you an item incorrectly or the item is deemed to be faulty. Please note, we individually check all returns and if we consider the fault to be as a result of self-damage, then a refund will not be given.
If you consider your product faulty for any reason please contact us immediately to discuss. Photos are a great help if you can provide them (though we realise they can be inconvenient). If it agreed as faulty, please follow our process below.
For your own protection when returning any goods, we suggest that you use recorded delivery, requiring our signature upon receipt of the goods, as we will not issue refunds for any goods that fail to reach us. Your statutory rights are not affected. Please always contact us before a return and we will give you an address and instructions.